Thursday, September 20, 2007

Curry casserole - a Thai hot-dish

How could I possibly resist something so intriguing on a Thai restaurant's specialties list as a "curry casserole". While in NYC for business, a buddy of mine took me to his favorite Thai place in Chinatown where I got to experience this eastern take on a staple in middle American homes.

It was layered squid, shrimp, fish and other "seafood" in a thick curry spiked sauce. Paired with coconut rice, it was quite good. If I get the name of the place from my friend, I will pass it along..

1 comment:

DM said...

According to my buddy in NYC, the restaurant is Pong Sri, in Chinatown (they have multiple locations, but I think we went to the one at 106 Bayard St).

http://brooklyn.citysearch.com/profile/7113363/new_york_ny/pongsri_thai_restaurant.html