Sunday, February 25, 2007

Braised Salmon & Maragaret Cho

I'm a very bad gay . . .

While the rest of the world was watching the Oscars tonight, I was braising Salmon filets in a decadent mixture of Pinot Noir, bacon, mushrooms and butter (God bless the French) accompanied with a side of Broccoli Rabe wilted and seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. I think the salmon recipe came from the quarterly magazine the local wine & liquor superstore sends out to incent hopeless foodies like me to make sure I come in and stock up on alcohol I certainly don't need. Nevertheless, the dish was heavenly, but I'll have to rely on my co-workers to tell me how "Little Miss Sunshine" fared with the Academy.

I had planned to at least watch the red carpet coverage, but I have been trying to get around to trying this recipe for months. I figure I'll get the full run down of the fashion cheers/jeers by watching some E! later in the week.

I tried to re-claim a little of my homo-pride by taking in a few minutes of "Notorious C.H.O" on Logo after dinner - I figured you burn calories when you laugh, and nothing is funnier than listening to Margaret Cho talk about getting a colonic - or is there . . .

No comments: