Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Ride on the Safari Express

I was at a reception earlier this week hosted by the Community Capital Alliance - an organization with which I volunteer. The event was catered with an unusual, but extremely flavorful array of North African delights from an exquisite but rustic pan of beans to various curried meat concoctions to rich wrapped sandwiches rolled with fresh baked product. Despite the vary Minnesota bland array of tastes at the event was very well received - especially the wrapped sandwiches.

With my half-day off "Summer Fridays", I had time to visit the caterer for the event, Safari Express at the Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis. As a late lunch I enjoyed a spicy lamb wrap sandwich and a small salad. The lamb was tender and rolled with a spicy yogurt-based sauce and encased in what seemed to be a fried flat bread. The rest of the menu has great standbuys in international and directory grown food like curries and stews, but all the action was on my taco.

No comments: